Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tile Variation Appointment

Tile appointment today,
and it went well. Tilly knew what she wanted, apparently it was all in her head.

Walk into a Starbucks and you have our colours... We will post some pics when the camera starts working again..

We have Adelaide Coffee on the floors through the house (like a mid brown)
Banur Earth for the wet areas (Lattee colour?)
Caffee Latte "Matt" for splash backs
Matt While (we will call it froth white to keep the coffee theme) for laundry splash..

All the floor tiles are upgraded to ceranmic and we got out of it without blowing the budget..

Next appointment is on Friday which is the main colour selection which is going to take forever...Thats Tillys worls.... Electrical in the afternoon which I am looking forward too!


Land Update
Today I managed to get a copy of the soil report from Porter Davis and it appears that the P classification is due to fill on the block. From the 5 samples (1500mm bores) the fill ranges from 200mm - 600mm. Reading the Australian Standard, once fill is above 400mm it can cause problems and the site seems to get stung with this P rating. The soil however is fine and without the fill, the site would be a M, which is great!

I called the developer, Stockland, asking for details on any fill that was done in the estate in particular our block. I also asked for a certificate of controlled fill (which can help reduce the soil class). They said that very little fill was done in the estate and none anywhere near our block, so no certificate.

I also managed to get the details of the neighbour who is currently at the slab stage (under the pretence I needed it for fencing details) to ask what their site classification and if there was fill on their block... I will be interested to see how similar the reports are.

No comments:

Post a Comment