Thursday, September 10, 2009

Since my last post, more has happened onsite. The slab has now been finished and the frame is complete. I have the invoices to prove it. (photos later).

I met with the supervisor and had a good look over the frame after downloading the Aus. Standard on it and educating myself as much as I could. The frame actually looks very good and I believe it passed with inspection by the building surveyor without issue, which is a good sign.

I have also discovered that our Site Supervisor (SS) is very good after after the site meeting. He seems very flexable and is happy for me to do some minor things onsite, like adding some insulation in one of the walls I forgot to put it in.

On not such a good note, we lost our Customer Service Co-ordinator (i think) (CSC) due to maternity leave. She was really good also, so hopefully the new one we have been assigned is as good. I think she is new at the job so hopefully she learns quickly.

Site cost credit is still outstanding, think we made inroads on this yesterday. This delay lies squarely on the CSC for not following it up. It looks like SS went over and above his role to get it sorted out, so they should provide a $$ figure in the next few days. This amount will come off the final invoice and as money will be left over in the mortgage account at the end as a result, we will get it all back. A different bank valuation could effect this but as it is involved with site works, it wont be a problem.

Aside from that, looking ahead over the next few weeks we have roof starting today, and lockup within the next fortnight where all the bricks are installed, roof on and doors and windows hung.

Estimate is Chrismas finish!!

Just some random photos, concreter, slab finished with the framer moving in





And more of the frame in no particular order

View from the kitchen
Study
Pretty house
View out of rumpus
Lounge
Straight!! Frame sits right where it is meant to, all the way round. Pretty happy!

Garage wall


No comments:

Post a Comment